ReÂ : [RFC] : answering lwn.net article on Balsa
- From: manu <eallaud yahoo fr>
- To: Craig Routledge <webstuff craigroutledge com>
- Cc: Balsa List <balsa-list gnome org>
- Subject: ReÂ : [RFC] : answering lwn.net article on Balsa
- Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:28:01 +0000
On 10.07.2004 10:08:46, Craig Routledge wrote:
On 07/10/2004 11:46:31 AM, manu wrote:
"It can only use SMTP for outgoing mail; there is no option for
passing a message to a local command."
OK this one is true, but I am not sure what he would like to do with
his messages then.
He likes to have various hooks into, and out of, the mail program.
Look at http://lwn.net/Articles/89403/ for details. Granted most
users will not avail themselves of the kind of functionality he's
talking about, but it could lead to interesting stuff down the road.
Hmm actually I think he gave the example of feeding certain messages to
learning spam filters.
I guess we could (2.3.x ;-) develop some kind of plugins system so that
you can feed any message/parts to any kind of scripts/progs.
Description: PGP signature
] [Thread Prev