Re: balsa cvs compile

Hi,

>> I'm trying to compile Balsa 2.1 in order to try new version. I thought
>>
>> I use cvs directly, because of all the patches already applied since
>> 2.1 release. I followed the instrunctions in
>> http://balsa.gnome.org/cvs-help.html and got balsa HEAD source. It
>> does
>> not compile with errors:
>> html.c:314: error: conflicting types for `libbalsa_html_to_string'
>> html.h:49: error: previous declaration of `libbalsa_html_to_string'
>
> This has been just fixed - make sure you have libbalsa/html.c version 1.5
> (cvs status  libbalsa/html.c) - this happened because only the libgthtml3
> build was tested initially, not the libgtkhtml2.

I used cvs update, but it stubbornly did not want to update hmtl.c to version
1.5. I looked at 1.5 version in cvs.gnome.org and applied changes manually.
This corrected things.

>> and warnings
>> mailbox_imap.c: In function `libbalsa_address_new_from_imap_address':
>> mailbox_imap.c:1276: warning: implicit declaration of function
>> `g_mime_utils_header_decode_text'
>> mailbox_imap.c:1276: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
>> without a cast
>> mailbox_imap.c:1281: warning: passing arg 2 of `g_list_append' makes
>> pointer from integer without a cast
>> mailbox_imap.c: In function `lb_set_headers':
>> mailbox_imap.c:1320: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
>> without a cast
>> mailbox_imap.c: In function `libbalsa_mailbox_imap_load_envelope':
>> mailbox_imap.c:1393: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
>> without a cast
>
> I need to look at this - I do not think I have seen that myself. Can you try
> in meantime adding
>
> #include <gmime/gmime.h>
>
> at the top of libbalsa/mailbox_imap.c

This did not work. I figured out that this is because I am using gmime version
2.0.x (as it is latest in Debian Sid) and there is no function
g_mime_utils_header_decode_text, it appears only in version 2.1.x. Someone
previously complained about it in the list, and the answer was that the patch
was forthcomming. Are there plans to incorporate such patch or not? If I
install gmime-2.1 in /usr/local or somewhere else will autogen.sh find it and
use it instead of gmime-2.0?

Mpiktas