General development issues

Hi all,

this is mainly directed towards the maintainers, and please consider it
a constructive suggestion and not as harsh criticism. :)

I'd really like to participate more on balsa-development, but it's
somewhat hard to contribute imho:

A first idea was to look if there are some easy open bugs I could fix,
a way to get somewhat familiar with the codebase. But the amount of
bugs is quite large and a lot of them miss initial maintainer comments.

And then I'd like to point once more to my easy fix on #114041, which
is plain frustrating for me I admit. :(

A second thing is the handling of patches. Right now the best way is to
post them to the mailinglist instead of putting them into bugzilla.
This is clearly related to the first issue, but wouldn't it be better
to have patches in bugzilla and encourage contributors to use it that
way? I could write three paragraphs presenting advantages, but it
should be obvious I think.

A third point: future plans. Although I follow this list regularly, I
was quite surprised (in a positive way!) when the 2.1-branch popped up
with its new features. But I still don't know much about it, a roadmap
or anything similar would be nice, you should have one for the
maintainers anyways, no?

Enough for now. :)

Darko Obradovic

PGP signature