Re: HEAD: two envelope header problems (maybe gmime related)

On 08/07/2004 01:37:40 PM, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi,

I discovered two envelope header problems, which may actually be gmime

2.1.7 features/bugs [therefore the cc to Jeff] as they are not present
in
balsa 2.0:

This could be done both in gmime and in balsa - depending whether the gmime's API is defined to return canonized strings or not. I do not see this issue mentioned in the doc. g_mime_header_get() says only "the value of the header requested". I guess we can do it on balsa side unless Jeff plans to do it for other purpose. In such a case, it might worth to mention this in the doc that the headers may be returned in a incanonical form.

(2) The Original-Recipient header is not available in balsa any more
as it was in the user headers section in 2.0. This header MUST be evaluated when creating a MDN according to brand new (May 2004) RFC 3798, though.

It means
  g_mime_header_foreach(GMIME_OBJECT(message)->headers,
			  prepend_header_misc, &res);

does not iterate over such a header. There is nothing balsa can do about it.

Pawel