Re: how to change the default browser?

On 2003.10.10 19:09, Globe Trotter wrote:

> --- Laurent Cheylus <foxy@free.fr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Quoting Globe Trotter <itsme_410@yahoo.com>:
> >
> > > I use MozillaFirebird and would like to change my browser to this
> default.
> > > What do I do?
> >
> > Balsa uses the default browser defined in Gnome Preferences. Change your
> > default
> > browser for Firebird via Gnome Control Center.
>
> So effectively, I can't use balsa if i don't use gnome??

efectively, if you have balsa you have gnome, or at least the core of it. you
can use gconf-editor to find the /desktop/gnome/applications/browser/exec key
and change it.

(i'm sure the usability people are cursing me for revealing you can use
gconf-editor)

--
Carlos Morgado - http://chbm.net/  gpgkey: 0x1FC57F0A
FP: 0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A