Re: converting folders in .mh format

On 10/08/2003, Carlos Morgado wrote:

> On 2003.10.08 19:06, Globe Trotter wrote:
>

>>> Thanks. So it will not be changed back? Is it possible to
>>> change it back to some other format? Such as mbox? I
>>> understand that this is different from my earlier question
>>> but I find .mh structure pretty irritating....
>> >
>> > Thanks again for all your help, and best wishes!
>> >

> create a new mbox mailbox and move the messages ? :)

Right!  Balsa doesn't convert mailboxes: if it recognizes the
structure (mbox/mh/maildir), it gives you access to existing
mail, and stores any new mail in the appropriate way.  So if you
create say a new maildir, and copy messages into it from your old
mh mailbox, they'll be in maildir format.

Which, BTW, you may find a lot less irritating than either mbox
or mh--but that may be a matter of personal preference!