Re: Balsa and SGI IRIX

On 2003.03.19 11:24, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I compiled Balsa 1.4.2 with GCC on my SGI Indigo2 R10k SolidImpact
> running IRIX 6.5.18m. The GNOME stuff was installed as binary tardists
> from SGIs Freeware repository. Now I get at startup:
>
> changing server settings for '' (0)
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   serial 4174 error_code 8 request_code 62 minor_code 0
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   serial 4300 error_code 8 request_code 62 minor_code 0
>
> and balsa exits immediately. The same when I start balsa 1.2.3 on my
> Alpha running Tru64 5.1 and export the $DISPLAY to the Indigo2. (Balsa
> runs OK on the local display of the Alpha, besids that I have to use
> --no-xshm, occasional core dumps and some scrambled icons.)
>
> It looks like a GDK problem, but other GNOME programms run. So what
> does Balsa different?

Last time I saw it (I had a SGI O2 on a desk and ran balsa remotely
from a linux box), I think I traced it to empty/full mailbox icons. My
first guess there was a bug either SGI X server or, well, GDK code. I
disabled these icons at that time but since I did not use the box much,
I had no enough time to come up with a proper workaround for the
problem.

Pawel