Re: Where has GnomeCard gone on RH 7.3/8.0

On 2003.03.10 04:05 Philip Rhoades wrote:
>I had gotten into the habit of editing ~phil/.gnome/GnomeCard.gcrd
>directly so I was surprised when someone told me that you couldn't run
>GnomeCard from balsa anymore but they are right - the GnomeCard program
>doesn't exist on RH 7.3 or 8.0 - what do people do to maintain their
>address lists now?  I could set up a separate program I guess but that
>is a bit silly . .

I found a gnome-pim-1.4.6.tar.gz on an ftp.gnome.org mirror and built
the rpms on my RH 7.3 system.  I could make the rpm available if someone
is uncomfortable building their own.

The source can be found at:
 ftp://ftp.gnome.org/mirror/gnome.org/sources/gnome-pim/1.4/gnome-pim-1.4.6.tar.gz

I'm pretty sure all that was required to build was:
 rpmbuild -tb gnome-pim-1.4.6.tar.gz

This builds gnome-pim, gnome-pim-devel, and gnome-pim-conduits - you only need
gnome-pim to get the address book to work.

--
Lynn Kerby <mailto:lfk@kerbit.net>