Re: Calling Balsa from Openoffice and Mozilla

On 2003.07.31 14:23 Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 07/31/2003 08:03:01 AM, Timo Sivula wrote:
>> > Is it possible to call Balsa from Openoffice or Mozilla in RedHat

> The script will be basically identical.
>
> kmail's --composer option corresponds to balsa's -m "" (open compose
> window with empty "to: field".
>
> --attach option is same in balsa.
>
> (I have not tested it but it seems obvious).

The script did not quite work straight out of the box, but after some
tweaking I got it to work. The following works in my configuration with
Open office 1.0.2 and Balsa 2.0.6:

#!/bin/bash
# wrapper script to make Balsa usable with Open Office
attachment=`echo $2 | sed -e "s/^\"attachment='file:\(.*\)'\"$/\1/"`
balsa -m "" -a "$attachment"

Thanks for the guidance!

Timo