balsa hanging on rh linux 8

hi everyone,

i'm fairly new to linux and balsa, so please bear with me.  i'm running
balsa 2.11 and rh linux 8.  the following relevant blurb appears on the
balsa web site:

"Please note that pspell distributed with RH8.0 makes balsa hang on fork()
call, i.e. when any external program is to be forked from balsa. This case
can easily be detected by running ldd /path/to/balsa: libpthread should be
listed before libc. The fix is to remove -lc from dependency_libs in
/usr/lib/libpspell.la and relink"

i am experiencing the balsa "hanging" issue, so i suspect that the above
instructions relate to me.  can someone please tell me how to determine the
"/path/to/balsa"?

tia

Duane Douglas
Computer Consultant