Re: OT: gnome2

Am 2003.01.22 11:21 schrieb(en) urgrue:
> i'd like to try out balsa 2, but i dont want to go on the huge gnome 2
> installation adventure until i know that two features it was lacking are
> implemented.
> last i tried, gnome2 lacked any way to edit hotkeys (ie manually add new
> ones to run arbitrary commands/scripts/etc), and it also lacked any sort
> of menu editor.
> have these been implemented yet?

The hotkeys are no problem, when you use metacity or sawfish as your
windowmanager.
For sawfish you just start sawfish-ui and for metacity you shall have a
look in the README and go with the gconf-editor to
/apps/metacity/keybinding_commands and global_keybindings.

The menu editor is not implented yet (I use gnome-panel 2.0.11-2 and
gnome-control-center 2.0.3-2)

cu
/Steffen

--
  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | Human Knowledge