Re: Selecting all messages in mailbox

On 2003.02.19 01:00 Vaidotas Zemlys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found out some things about selecting messages in mailbox, that I
> think are not quite right. If I choose Mailbox->Select all and messages
> in mailbox are threaded and not expanded only visible messages are
> selected. Is this a bug or a feature? For example in Mozilla Mail and
> in Evolution all messages are selected (visible and not visible).
> Another thing - Ctrl+A selects all current message's  text no matter
> where focus is. One would expect that if focus is on mailbox window
> Ctrl+A should select all messages in a mailbox. Now there is no way to
> select all messages in a mailbox using only keyboard. Is this another
> feature or a bug?

What version of balsa are you using?  I'm using 1.4.2 and I can't seem to
select anything but all the messages in a mailbox using Ctrl+A.  I use the
preview pane style layout and can't seem to get the focus on the message
text to select it.

Anyone interested in a patch that enables expansion/collapsing of the
selected thread via keyboard shortcuts?  I got really frustrated with
having to reach for the mouse and click on the little plus boxes for
each message in a thread and wrote some callbacks to do expand/collapse
on a single (or actually all 'selected') threads.  I'd be happier getting
the normal GtkCTree accelerators to work on threads in balsa, but I
don't think that is easily doable.  I suspect I know the why they don't
work, but I'd like to hear it from someone that really knows how these
tree/list widgets interact.  Do they work with the new TreeView in Gtk2?

--
Lynn Kerby <mailto:lfk@kerbit.net>