Re: locale/spell checking

Hi,

On 2003.04.29 01:17 Simon Brown wrote:
> what to call it. How about English (UK) and English (USA) I'm guessing
> that'd offend the smallest amount of people?

IIRC there was discussion about this before. The tenor was that there is
only one "proper" English, which is American English. Well, pretty
one-sided, but that's what I remember.

However, spell checking is a major annoyance to me, anyway. Balsa requires
versions of the aspell/pspell libraries that are different from the
requirements of almost every other package I'm using. I wonder why
spell-checking support is not a compile time option. I don't use it and I
always, whenever I install any application, have a hard time to find the
settings to turn it off completely.

For me, there would be no need for spell checking in any application and I
would much rather not have the trouble of getting and installing the libs
and dictionaries, breaking other apps in the process.

Would it be hard to make the spell checking a compile time option?

Melanie