Why is my 'send' button 'greyed out' permanently in balsa 2.0.9-r1(gentoo)

Hi all,

Could anyone offer any insights to as why in the name of Faidros
my send button stays greyed out, effectively keeping me from
utilizing balsa for half of it's main purpose (sending mail...)?

I've checked the FAQ, searched the bugzilla, looked through
the recent archives (2003) and searched deja.com.
I have yet to find anyone describing an issue similar to
the one I'm experiencing.

In a post (from 2001, I believe) on usenet, someone mentioned,
that balsa checks to see if certain fields are filled out, before
it activates the send button. Could this be it?

I haven't actually looked around in the source
at all, first of all because I'm not that much of a programmer and well,
frankly, in a mature MUA such as balsa, I really shouldn't need to?

I'm using gentoo linux and balsa ver 2.0.9-r1. If necessary, I will
gladly offer further details about the compile-flags, etc.

I hope someone will be able to help me out - I've been pulling
my hair out for a couple of days now...

Cheers,

	Rune