Re: 1.4 Issues

On 2003.04.09 01:47, Melanie wrote:
> Compilation issues:
>
> * autogen.sh will emit numerous warnings and does not produce a clean
> configure script. I have reinstalled the automake / autoconf packages
> several times, no help there.

I have seen that too. These problems appear because:
1. gettextize modifies source files as it sees fit. This is fixed in
glib-gettextize - but glib-textextize is only available in glib-2. You
could downgrade gettext to avoid partially these problems.

2. macros/autogen.sh requires automake-1.4 but will runn never if
available - and choke itself to death. patches to this file used not to
be eagerily accepted since this directory is/was shared between many/
all GNOME projects.

2. why don't you use the tarball? There is nothing going on in 1-4
branch and the tarball does not require proper automake setup.

> * once I do manage to create a configure script, by editing
> configure.in
> and manually running aclocal, autoheader, autoconf, automake, it
> complains about missing Makefile.in or Makefile.in.in in several
> directories (intl, po, m4)

gettextize strikes again.

I would like to help you more but well, I have got too many my own
itches to scratch..

Pawel