Re: Usability-issues - part I

Am 2003.04.01 01:54 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
> On 03/25/2003, Darko Obradovic wrote:
[snip]

>> Whether to make that filed editable or not might be discussed, I can't
>> decide for pros and cons.
>
> I'm with Melanie: editable.
>
>> If I were able to code, I'd come up with a patch, but so I just can
>> come up with some thoughts. :)
>
> So we'd take out the Edit=>Select Identity item, and the corresponding
> toolbar button? Seems like a net gain to me...

What about a dropdown box where you can see all your identities and the
last used "new-created" ones?
It has the benefit that it's editable, you have your default-identities
and it can be implented with auto-completion. - Perhpas it's an idea to
extent the auto-completion a bit and provide the user with an automagical
dropdown like a browser where you see what's still possible to choose from.

cu
/Steffen

--
  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | "The opposite of a profound truth