Re: libmutt's use of iconv.h

On 2002.05.31 10:10:32 +0100 Brian Stafford wrote:
> sigh,
>
> the file libmutt/charset.h incorrectly assumes that iconv.h defines the
> symbol ICONV_CONST.  This is merely part of the GNU libiconv implementation

yes, i'm making my head go thump against that one now. it worked perfectly
at my rh7.2 at home but doesn't build at my 7.2 at work. most disturbing :\

> and even then it isn't defined for public consumption.  ICONV_CONST seems
> to be part of a kludgy workaround to make GNU libiconv match the platforms
> native iconv implementation when there is one.

configure in libmutt is prolly giving you a warning about not finding iconv
and reading INSTALL right ?

> The attached patch, against this morning's cvs, restores sanity to the
> world and persuades balsa that it's alright to compile.

this should be getting done in configure+muttconfig.h, it's configure.in
that's messing up. i'm looking at that :\

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds