Re: balsa 1.3.6 does not detect write errors on its config file

Am 2002.05.31 02:50 schrieb(en) Matthias Andree:
   > Hi,
   >   > balsa does not detect (or at least complain) if it has no
permission to
   > write its configuration file.
   >   > Try this:
   >   > chmod 400 ~/.gnome/balsa
   >   > then change fonts or something, press OK, exit balsa, restart
balsa
   > -> config unchanged.
   >   > A warning would be nice.

Doesn't this belongs to gnome-config? (is it really called this way?)
I think all the config, as well as writing and parsing is handled via
gnome-config, which imho should warn you... :-(
Q: Is it really suggestive to implent a warning for .gnome/balsa? - IIRC
it is possible to even programm a new backend for gnome-config (not only
gconf) and that way it would be senseless...

cu
/Steffen

--
  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | "Diejenigen, die mich verstehen,