Re: Identity guess update

On Tue 05:13, 21 May 2002 Steffen Klemer wrote:

> Am 2002.05.20 21:34 schrieb(en) Pawel Salek:
>>
>> On 2002.05.18 01:07 Martin Leopold wrote:
>>> Hi all.
>>> I just downloaded Balsa 1.3.6 looking good as allways, allthough I was
>>> still not pleased with the identity guessing rutine.
>>> [...]
>>> One way to solve this would be to mark some mailboxes as "allways reply
>>> ising identity x", but there was a shortcut. Looking at the headers from
>>> my mailing lists I discovered two headers: "Original-Recipient" and
>>> "Delivered-To" I can't seem to find any RFCs on any of them, so I'm not
>>> sure if they are standard compliant, and who actually sets them (the best
>>> I could come up with is that it is qmail specific). Each contained the
>>> address of my account.
>>
>>> I could only find one "Original-Recipient" which had the form
>>> "rfc822;mleopold@worldonline.dk"..
>>>
>>> All the other lists had one or more "Delivered-To", forms including:
>>
>> I do not see these headers with my e-mail address on any of the lists I am
>> subscribed to  (I see only Delivered-To:  balsa-list@gnome.org and
>> similar). My impression is that these headers are added by your mail
>> delivery agent.
>>

> same for me: no delivered-to with my addi.
> Such a patch would be cool, but I don't see a possibility to implent it
> right :-(

Hmmm... I replied to this at the weekend but the message doesn't seem to have
reached the list.  Must have chosen the wrong reply option :(

qmail specific it is not reliable.  In any case it is non standard and should
start with an X-.  I don't know if there is a formal definition of its syntax.

machine readable message/delivery-status part.  It is present only if the SMTP
DSN extension is used and then only if the ORCPT parameter to the RCPT TO
command is present.  It is *not* a message header, it is structured data in
the body of a message/delivery-status part.

Since both are nonstandard message headers they are unreliable and
undocumented and assumptions about their misuse by various MTAs should not be
coded into balsa.

In any case, the identity per mailbox patch I submitted a while ago should
solve the problem, details are in the archive.  In short edit ~/.gnome/balsa
and add a line "Identity=identity-name" to the section for the desired
mailbox.  "identity-name" corresponds to one of the identities in the
Identities dialogue. (I really will code some UI for this in the near future!)

Alternatively, it might be useful to be able to filter on the content of
arbitrarily named headers in the filters dialogue in addition to the
From/To/Cc/Subject or All options.

Brian