Re: [RFC] The `Manage Identities' dialog

On 2002.05.11 08:26 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> The list of identities in the `Manage Identities' dialog
> (Settings->Identities...) is currently implemented as a GtkCList,
> which is deprecated in gtk+-2.0. The replacement widget is
> GtkTreeView--porting is under way.
>
> GtkTreeView has the capability of rendering a column of checkboxes
> (or radio buttons) to indicate status. Balsa currently uses an arrow
> icon to indicate the current default identity; this looks like a
> candidate for replacement by a checkbox.
>
> Rendering the list that way will obviously invite the user to click
> on the box to change the default. However, the checkbox isn't a real
> checkbox widget, and there's no simple way to detect a (single) click
> on it.

Thanks to everyone for the reactions. If I had only rtfm...it turns out
there's a "toggled" signal for clicking on the radio buttons. It's
emitted by the GtkCellRendererToggle widget, not the
GtkTreeView--that's my (lame) excuse for missing it!

So using the radio buttons to show the default identity looks pretty
good--patch is on its way. Putting the `edit identity' frame on the
`manage identities' dialog would also be nice, but I can't figure out
how to do it, and it's late, so no patch for that tonight :(