Re: Strange message - junk after literal

Hi all,

I was about to post something about that. We have a BIG bug, but I haven't
tracked it down yet.

"Junk after literal" is an IMAP server message.

Here are my observations so far:

When I receive mail with Balsa's POP3 into a local or IMAP inbox, all is
fine.
When mail is moved from local boxes to IMAP, all is fine, too.
Moving mail back from IMAP into local mailboxes causes the blank line at
the end of the mesage to be dropped.
So, there is now no blank line preceding the From line in an mbox file.
Balsa copes well, but when you try to move this message back into an IMAP
folder, "Junk after literal" is displayed and the message is completely
lost. The only way to recover the message is to quckly press CTRL-Q to
close Balsa without syncing the folders, then restarting Balsa.
If the source mailbox is a maildir, the message is lost for good.
Only workaround: before moving messages into IMAP, check the mbox file to
make sure there are blank lines before each From line.
This happens more often when the message is moved off the IMAP server and
back onto it my M$ Out***k Express.
Looks like a libmutt problem to me and I'm not really firm in that part of
the code.

Melanie