Re: Problems printing non-ASCII characters

On 21/03 2002 12:56 Carlos Morgado wrote:

> On 2002.03.21 11:46:33 +0000 Toralf Lund wrote:
>> I'm having a problem printing out E-mail messages containing non-ASCII
>> characters, such as Norwegian æ, ø and å, with the current CVS version
>> of Balsa. - Not only are these letters missing from the printout, but
>> the rest of the line where they occur is gone, two. This started
>> happening after I re-built with the latest code a few days ago; I
>> cannot reproduce the problem with a version from 1 February (based on
>> the latest sources at that time.)
>>
>> Any idea what may be wrong? Is anybody else seeing this?
>
> i managed to print your message fine from balsa. could you please check
> wether this only happens with balsa or if with other apps using
> gnome-print are also affected ?
Actually I didn't quite look closely enough here, since my message as
received via the mailing list is printed correctly for me, too. Others
still aren't, though, and it seems like these don't specify a character
set for the text. In other words, messages that have for instance

are printed correctly, while text is missing as described earlier from
ones with just

Perhaps earlier releases assumed ISO-8859-1 while the current doesn't?

- Toralf