Re: problems w/ 1.3.2, solaris8 and libmutt/mutt.h

On 2002.03.04 15:03 James McPherson wrote:

> Can't believe I'm following up to my own post so soon!
>
> the error comes from this tidbit in solaris'
> /usr/include/sys/stream.h:
>
> #define	M_READ		0x85		/* generate read
> notification */
>
> Given that v1.3.1's libmutt/mutt.h has this comment
>
> #ifdef M_READ
> /* FIXME: On Solaris (and probably others), M_READ is defined by the
>    streams headers (<sys/streams.h>).  We need to use a better
>    prefix.  */
> #undef M_READ
> #endif
>

> maybe we could use M_ISREAD instead? M_ISREAD is not used in the balsa
> source, not in solaris' /usr/include/ tree.
>
> Whaddaya think Pawel?

Sounds OK to me (I have just returned from a trip and I cannot have a
look at the code right now but this seems to be a solution). it would
be nice tough to push the modification upstream to mutt guys if we
decide to go this way.

Is there any way _not_to include sys/stream.h?

-pawel