Incorrect mailbox tree

After I re-built balsa from CVS sources yesterday, the mailbox tree
display started behaving somewhat strangely. It's rather difficult to
explain exactly what it looks like, so I hope everyone will forgive me for
sending image file attachments to the list.

Simply put, I want the tree to look like the first image attached
(balsa-correct.jpg) after expanding "kscanners.no" one level. However,
after the update it will sometimes (but not always) look like the second
image (balsa-error.jpg). Furthermore, it may seem like I always get [ 2nd
attachment's tree ] at startup, but then after a delay whose length varies
a bit, the tree is corrected so that I have [ 1st attachment's tree ].
However, if I manage to open a mailbox before the tree is corrected
update  - e.g. by enabling automatic Inbox open - the update seems to
stop, and I'm left with an incomplete tree.

Any idea what is happening? What exactly is going on during the initial
delay? IMAP folder scan?

Note: "kscanners.no" is an IMAP folder set (well, obviously), and I keep
"Sent" and "Trash" on the IMAP server. "Drafts" and "Outbox" are for the
time being local folders.

--
Toralf Lund <toralf@kscanners.com>  +47 66 85 51 22
Kongsberg Scanners AS               +47 66 85 51 00 (switchboard)

balsa-correct.jpg

balsa-error.jpg