Re: [RFC] : coherent message add/delete notification

Hi Manu!

Pawel has just committed some new BalsaMBList code in the BALSA_2 cvs
branch: it now subclasses GtkTreeView, instead of the deprecated
GtkCTree. The largest remaining dependence on deprecated objects is
BalsaIndex, which also uses GtkCTree (although it is currently a
subclass of GtkScrolledWindow!), so porting BalsaIndex is the next big
task. Another large step will be moving LibBalsaMailbox and friends
from GtkObject to GObject, which will mean revisiting all the mailbox
signals.

So all in all, it's a good time to discuss any signalling changes that
are necessary to support filters properly. I'm totally in the dark
about how filters are implemented, and what the current problems are.
Can you lay the issues out in really simple terms for me?