Re: [RFC] Proof of concept of new mailbox implementation

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:21:04 Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > I have the basics of the mailbox implementation working, and i would
> like
> > some feedback about the libbalsa part. Before i go further with
> > implementing IMAP and the maildir and MH mailboxes how you think about
> the
> > use of the API. So if you see something wrong or if it is unclear,
> please
> > send me or the list a message.
> > The status so far is:
>
> [sounds promising]
>
> Does this mean we'll have the possibility to drop libmutt and use an
> external library?
My target is to greatly reduce the dependency on libmutt. With this patch
I don't want to touch the things that are not directly related to the
mailbox part.

> > The patch is at:
> > http://demands.xs4all.nl/~magick/libmailbox-2.patch.gz or
> > http://demands.xs4all.nl/~magick/libmailbox-2.patch
>
> Is that patch against balsa2?
No, but it might just apply. The patch doesn't touch any of the UI stuff,
and the lib it self only depends on glib and gmime (0.6).
--
Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
  -- Sun Tzu, The Art Of War