Re: Not a biggy: -DLIBMUTT in libbalsa

On 27.02.2002 18:56 Carlos Morgado wrote:

> On 2002.02.27 17:36:20 +0000 Pawel Salek wrote:
>> On 2002.02.27 18:31 Carlos Morgado wrote:
>>> oh! it's only in HEAD. i been meaning to ask, should i commit the
>>> libmutt patch to
>>> BALSA2 too ? what are the merge plans ?
>>
>> I would not bother merging it now (unless it's trivial). One can merge
>> in one shot, porting and new features appearing in HEAD are fairly(?)
>> orthogonal.
>
> k, so the plan is to release 1.4 as the last stable for gnome-1.4 and
> then merge balsa2 into head ? or make the jump 1.3 -> 2.0 ?
> actually, is 1.3 so-much-better than 1.2 that a 1.4 is needed ?

I would say YES : it adds quite a lot of new features and a lot of bug
fixes. Backport of all these fixes and new features would take time,
whereas releasing a new stable branch would take far less time (but here
I'm speculating because I'm not involved in the release process ;-).
	Anyway we must have an intermediate release before the port to
gnome2, because the new features are quite important : filters/search are
a good example ;-) So it would not be fair for our user if we don't
release a more complete Balsa than 1.2.x on gnome-1.4. Moreover I'm pretty
sure that a lot of users will switch rather slowly to gnome2 so they
should benefit also of the work we've done on the 1.3.x branch in the
meantime.
Bye
Manu