Annoying mail problem

I am using Balsa 1.2.3 to connect to my mail server running qmail and
courier-imap. After a short time of connecting to check mail, when I
shift to a new folder, I get a box that pops up telling me that Balsa
could not connect to my mail server and to check my settings and that
the connection to my server is closed. I then have to close Balsa and
restart to continue reading mail. This is getting quite annoying.

Is there a setting in Balsa that would account for this, or is the
problem at the server end? If at the server end, could someone give me
an idea as to where to look?

Thanks.

Ian.

--
Ian Truelsen
Masters program in Philosophy University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada

Current favourite quote:
"No great civilisation likes forests."
K.F. O'Connor
Lincoln College, Christchurch, New Zealand