Re: problems with window size

On 2002.12.21 21:43 Tyler Longren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed Balsa 2.0.3.  I'm running Slackware 8.1 with
> Dropline
> Gnome 1.3.1.
>
> The install went fine, I did "configure" like so:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-threads --enable-gtkhtml
> --without-esmtp
>
> When I start Balsa, the main window is huge.  The width of the
> window
> won't change, but the height will.  When I click "Maximize", the
> windows
> goes past the edges of my screen.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> Tyler

I believe the problem may be the toolbar on the main window,
which has rather long labels. The quickest fix is to suppress
them: pop up the toolbar menu by right-clicking on one of the
separators--yes, they're kinda narrow, but you can click on them!
Select `icons only', and you should then be able to reduce the
width of the window.

Of course, you won't know what the buttons mean, except from the
tooltips. However, if you select Settings->Toolbars, you can
select the `Wrap button labels' option, and have a more sane
display when you re-enable `Text below icons' on the toolbar
popup menu.

Seems that someone forgot to set the default for wrapping labels
to TRUE--it's fixed in cvs, and the fix will show up in 2.0.4.