balsa outgoing mail

Hi:  I have been using Mozilla mail sucessfully on by Debian Sid box,
and would like to switch to Balsa.  However I seem unable to send out
mail. I checked this by sending mail to myself, but it never arrived.
I have a pop3 account at Interland, and outgoing mail should go through
smtp.comcast.net.  I tried specifying the port as 25 using a colon, ie,
smpt.comcast.net:25, but I still never see the mail I send out to
myself.  Any suggestions?

Phil Reardon