Re: Performance anyway

On 12.08.2002 07:03 Ford Prefect wrote:
> Hi
>

> Ever tried to open an 130 MB mbox file with Balsa? Loading the file is
> fast (some secs) but then some minutes high CPU load till it is there.
>

> Why doesn't Balsa use some Indexing as Netscape does (the mbox file is
> from netscape 4.x)?

For I guess we're focusing on correctness and missing features. I guess
that these sorts of enhancements will come when stabilisation if the whole
thing will be achieved (here Pawel or Carlos could tell you more than me
for the time frame).
But I'm not sure what we'll choose first between the possible
optimization. I guess a frank discussion on the ML will clarify the future
choices.
Bye
Manu