Re: Makefile glitch

On 2002.04.26 18:42 Emmanuel wrote:
> 	Hi all,
> I have passed the autogen/configure step ;-)
> But in libbalsa and src subdirs and libinit_balsa, gcc complained on
> "cc1: warning: -Wuninitialized is not supported without -O". I looked
> in the Makefile and indeed there was no -O option on the command line.
> I think we forget that in the Makefile.am.

(my) autoconf-2.13 generates configure that adds -O2 flag when it
detects properly functioning gcc. Relevant chunk from configure is:

-----
if test "$ac_test_CFLAGS" = set; then
   CFLAGS=$ac_save_CFLAGS
elif test $ac_cv_prog_cc_g = yes; then
   if test "$GCC" = yes; then
     CFLAGS="-g -O2"
   else
     CFLAGS="-g"
   fi
else
   if test "$GCC" = yes; then
     CFLAGS="-O2"
   else
     CFLAGS=
   fi
-----
if your configure does not contain this section, check your autoconf.
If your configure does contain this or similar section, check your gcc
installation.

-pawel