Re: Message display...

Am 2002.04.24 00:31 schrieb(en) Robin Cook:
   > Does balsa force you to see messages in html?
   >   > I am looking for a program that has an option similar the Ritlabs
The
   > Bat e-mail program where it can display messages with the HTML striped
   > and just the text is left.

from the FAQ:

----
17. Why does Balsa defaults to the HTML-Part?
A multipart/alternative
is ordered from least to most faithful rendering of the alternative
versions
of a document.  A UA is expected to select the highest quality veriosn of
the document that it supports.  If a text/html version is after the
text/plain
in multipart/alternative, then from the sender?s perspective, the text/html
is the higher quality version and balsa is correct to select it.
See RFC 2046.
---

So Balsa will *never* (correct my if I'm wrong!) strip the html-part! (at
least not when displaying...)
If you really want to strip use procmail or sth. like this!

cu
/Steffen

--
  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |      Try Not!