Re: gentoo weirdness

On Tue 19:19, 23 April 2002 ricpersi@libero.it wrote:
> i've just solved the problem
> you get when configuring balsa.
>
> i've modified the ebuild, i upgraded
> balsa version to 1.3.4 (instead of 1.2.4)
> and libesmtp to 1.8.11 (brian is 1.8.12 out?)

You mean 0.8.11 :)

On Tue 18:56, 23 April 2002 Eric Dexter wrote:
> On 2002.04.23 09:55 Brian Stafford wrote:
>
>> For the current libESMTP (0.8.12) this doesn't matter anymore, the option
>> has gone and the corresponding API is "official".  In the end I couldn't
>> convince myself that it wasn't useful in some situations.
>>
>> Any libESMTP version <= 0.8.11 definitely needs it, --enable-all has the
>> same effect but it enables a number of other features as well, currently
>> ETRN support (not terribly useful) and nonstandard EHLO AUTH=login syntax
>> (handy for broken Yahoo! MTAs).
>  Thanks for the clarification Brian. I bet I just missed that in the
> README's.

Oops.  I haven't released 0.8.12 yet.  I did the work more than a month ago,
but pressures from my day job and amateur dramatics mean I haven't had time to
build the tarballs and announce it yet.

> Oh, and sorry for the misinformation Lang! That's what I get for speaking up
> around here ;-)

<Embarrased cough>  0.8.12 is current for me, not the world!  I shall remedy
this forthwith!  Apologies to all.

Brian