Re: Commas and semicolons in the From field of messages.

On 2002.04.01 20:41 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> On 2002.04.01 15:06 Karl Kopper wrote:
>>
>> Balsa has problems when a "From" address looks like this:
>>
>> John Smith, MD [jsmith@domain.com]
>>
>> When you try to reply to this message Balsa seems to mistake the
>> comma
>> for a separator character (same thing with semicolons).
>>
>> Is there someting about my balsa setup that I can change to fix this?
>>
>> --Karl
>
> Can you post the exact header? Perhaps from Message -> View Source?
> Only a broken mailer could send a `From:' header like that!

This is interesting.  I've had problems similar to the above, but when
I looked at the source, as Peter suggested, I could see that it's the
mailer's fault, not balsa's.  The mailer is a MS product  with this
output in view source:

When I hit reply to group, it sends to the X-Mailing-List, which means
I get an email bouncing from  'archive/latest/477'.  It's annoying to
have to check for this, but it's not balsa's fault I believe.  Irony
is, the mailing list is for a LUG :).

Rikke