Re: [netbsd] can't send (neither smtp, nor local)

On 2001.09.29 05:48:14 +0200 Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Anyway, so I'm sorry to have to bug you with this problem, which may or
> may not have been answered/solved already ;-)
>
> I installed balsa-1.0.0 for NetBSD 1.5 from the official NetBSD package.
> Everything seems peachy, except, I can't check nor send mail.  When I
> open the inbox ($HOME/.mail), it shows the messages correctly.  If I
> send myself a new message using mail(1), change the folders and come
> back to Inbox, it shows up fine, but when I hit "Check mail", the dialog
> pops up and it sits there forever checking mail.

yeah thats the PTHREAD problem i have reported this several times to
the list but no one seem to find a solution for this..

temporarely do this

--disable-threads

when you configure again. this is not the best solution but helps you
using balsa. i really wish someone could locate this and nail it down.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de