IMAP problems

I'm running Balsa 1.2.0 on Red Hat 7.1, using the RPMs from the web site.

I configured an IMAP mailbox and did not enter a password for it.
When I try to open the mailbox, it brings up a dialog to enter the
password, but the dialog doesn't work and the whole application
seizes up.  It outputs a lot of messages to stderr, sometimes just a few
dozen but other times tcontinuously until I click in the dialog:

GLib-WARNING **: g_main_iterate(): main loop already active in another thread

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric