Re: libproplist dependency - indirect?

On 2001.09.20 08:58:10 +0100 Jules Bean wrote:
> Take a look at
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/112568
>
> As far as I can determine, balsa doesn't use libproplist itself. (Am I
> wrong?)

libproplist was deprecated in favour of gnome-config long ago, definitly
before 1.1.7.

> In which case, the dependency must be 'indirect': something balsa
> depends on must use it.  And then balsa doesn't need to declare a
> debian 'Depend'-ency: the problem is in the library which actually
> uses it.

my balsa build "with everything" isn't links againts libproplist. In
fact i don't even have libproplist instaled. His package list is fairly
recent too, so it shouldn't require it. So my guess is, a) old balsa bin
rotting in /usr/local or b) old gnome instalation bits rotting in
/usr/local ;)

ldd balsa should reveal such nasty bits either way

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds