Re: Selecting an identity

Hi,

On 2001.09.20 03:54 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> One question: do we really need to click on three buttons to change
> identity in the send-window? First the toolbar button, then the desired
> identity, then `OK'? Two alternatives would be:
> - double click on an identity means `select and close';
> - *single* click on an identity means `select and close', and we can do
> away with the `OK' button.
> They're both one-liners--is either a Good Idea?

I think both are. I've been thinking along those same lines, but I'm not yet
familiar enough with gtk signals to try something like one-click. Sounds
funny, considering my previous patches, but the gtk code in my previous
patches was more or less copied from other parts of Balsa. Anyway, yes, it's
a GoodIdea.

Time to get another peeve in: The identities button is on the far left, but
the address book selection buttons are on the far right. If I want to select
both an identity and an address book entry, I have to traverse the entire
window's width with the mouse pointer. I'm not a mousy person, but there's
no keyboard shortcut I know of. I would suggest placing the address book
selection button to the left of the entry boxes, between the label text and
the box itself. That would make things easier.

Melanie