Re: How to auto connect via SSH and Balsa?

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 10:52:16AM +0200, M . Thielker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2001.09.15 09:29 Bojan Land wrote:
> > and I don't see a place where to put a "command to run to establish a
> > connection"... ?  Any clues?
>
> if there was such a thing, it would be _very_ dangerous and insecure. As a
> matter of fact, IMAP itself offers encryption and secure authentication, so
> why not use that?

Why would that be insecure?

It would be much less insecure than, for example, running cleartext IMAP.

Encrypted IMAP has its own disadvantages: at least for the server I
looked into, the encryption is two-way, and requires the server to
have a clear-text copy of the password.

Jules