Re: cant reply

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 04:19:09PM +0200, joy_ping wrote:
> hi,
>
> i compiled the new balsa-1.2.pre3 from the source and i get following
> error when i click the reply button:
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkObject'

never seen that happen before.

> then nothing happens. in earlier releases and the ones i downloaded from
> cvs balsa crashed totally, now nothing happens. i have gtk 1.2.7 installed

iirc gtk+1.2.7 is a Bad Idea. 1.2.8 is oldest that's broken in a bearable
way. 1.2.10 is advised. it shouldn't be too hard to upgrade as they should
be binary compatible

"Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the
grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin
charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about
what they say if they had." -- Linus Torvalds