Re: HTML document "attachment" icon

Hi,

On 2001.09.06 10:04 Toralf Lund wrote:
> Also, perhaps you want to add the HTML icon when the message is
> "multipart/alternative" and one of the parts is "text/html"? Or maybe not,
> it might be that you want it only when no plain text version is available.

I have pretty strong opinions on that one - I see the HTML icon as a
warning. I don't want HTML mail and if someone starts writing email in HTML,
I usually trash it unread and replay to them to re-send this and future
emails using text-only format.

At some time in the future I may even use some sort of server-side
processing to reject HTML email outright and send reply notices about that.
I also think more people should be doing that...

Melanie