Re: What does English mean?

Brian Stafford wrote:

> >From the ChangeLog
>
>         * src/sendmsg-window.c: some people believe English means American
>         English.
>
> I really don't want to come across as xenophobic here, but if the Americans
> speak "English" what is the name of the dialect spoken in England?

I share your feelings but I ws told that that languague choice
"English" should default to "en_US". Redhat - for what it is worth -
added this patch on top of 1.1.7 as well. I will be happy to revert to
the old value if I have some at least semi-good reason for it
("English" and "american english" choices sound good to me).

Other opinions?

Pawel Salek