Re: Spelling still won't work.

Kurt Guenther wrote:

> I'm still get the:  Unable to load the "aspell" module.
>
> As recommended, I've tried loading:
>
>    [root@sage downloads]# rpm -i pspell-0.12.2-3.i386.rpm
>    [root@sage downloads]# rpm -i aspell-0.33.7-1.i386.rpm
>    [root@sage downloads]# rpm -i balsa-1.2.pre3-1.i386.rpm
>    error: failed dependencies:
>            libpspell.so.2   is needed by balsa-1.2.pre3-1
>
> However, I do get this to install just fine:
>
>    [root@sage downloads]# rpm -i pspell-0.11.2-2.i386.rpm
>    [root@sage downloads]# rpm -i aspell-0.32.6-2.i386.rpm
>    [root@sage downloads]# rpm -i balsa-1.2.pre3-1.i386.rpm
>    [root@sage downloads]#
>
> It just doesn't work.

The binary RPM is build on stock RH-7.1 with _buggy_ pspell (I know it
sounds silly, I do it just for consistency). If you want to use more
recent pspell, you will have to recompile balsa, the interface to the
pspell library has changed. Do not forget to install gnome-print-devel
(and probably few other devel packages as well) before the
recompilation.

/Pawel