Re: bug in filtering code - no trash emptying after applying filters

On 30 Oct 2001, 12:36:07 AM Emmanuel wrote:
> On 2001.10.29 02:24 James McPherson - TSG Engineer wrote:
>>
>> Hi there.
>> With balsa 1.2.1 there is a small bug in the filtering code. With
>> the stock filtering code (from Manu's patch), if your filter dumps messages
>> in balsa_app.trash ("Send to Trash") the status flag on the trash folder
>> is not set correctly: you need to send some other message to the trash
>> folder before you can empty your trash folder.
[snip]
>> I've bugzilla-d this and included the above as a patch against Manu's patches
>> for 1.2.1 via bug 61072. The new bugid is 63258.
>
> OK thanks, I didn't know that I had to call enable_empty_trash (in fact I
> didn't even know it existed).

You're not alone. The only reason I figured it out was because I was annoyed
that after I'd filtered my mailbox I was unable to delete anything via "empty
trash"
until I'd deleted something else with the bin icon.

James

--
TSG Engineer (Kernel/Storage)           828 Pacific Highway
APAC Customer Care Centre               Gordon NSW Sun Microsystems

Failfast panic: those controlling voices in my head have stopped telling me
what to do.....

Read about the VOS Initiative at http://www.vosinitiative.com