Re: Delete from IMAP mailbox without transferring message from server?
- From: Pawel Salek <pawsa theochem kth se>
- To: Toralf Lund <toralf kscanners com>
- Cc: Balsa Mailing List <balsa-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Delete from IMAP mailbox without transferring message from server?
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:13:03 +0200
On 2001.10.25 14:28 Toralf Lund wrote:
> When deleting from an IMAP server, it seems like the message is always
> transferred to the client, where it's either written to a local trash
> file, or sent back to the server where the Trash folder resides. This
> means that delete operation is painfully slow when not connected to the
> server via a local network. Is there a way around this?
Switch off preview (there is a nice toolbar button for it) and use Ctr-D
(deletion) for message removal. The "move to trash" action is not yet
optimized for IMAP, unfortunately.
] [Thread Prev