Away for a bit

Hi all.

I'm away for a week from Saturday (20/10/2001), so don't expect any
communication until Monday week.  I will release 0.8.7 when I get back, to fix
the SEGV in headers.c and any other problems that surface between now and then.

I need an opinion from those who use RPM.  I removed the libesmtp.spec file
since it appeared to cause problems on some platforms - but I may have been
overcautious.  The spec file means RPMs can be built straight from the tarball
but now I have a quandry.  configure adds some dependencies to
libesmtp.spec.in depending on whether OpenSSL is configured or not.  This
means two versions of libesmtp.spec can be built, one of which creates RPMs
depending on openssl and/or openssl-devel.

I figure there are three options

1) No .spec in the tarball and force RPM builders to make a choice when they
configure

2) .spec which builds OpenSSL dependent RPM

3) .spec which builds RPM without dependencies.

As I see it

1) is least convenient but the result is always the expected one

2) is best but has dependencies

3) is most convenient but omits useful functionality

When I get back I'll pick an approach based on the responses over next week.

BTW, has anyone got any stuff to make .debs?  If so, I'll put that in the
tarball too.

Regards
Brian.