Re: Balsa 1.2.0

On 2001.10.02 01:26:09 +0200 Richard Kimber wrote:
> I tried --disable-pcre but got:
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..
> -DGNOMELOCALEDIR=\""/usr/local/share/locale"\"         -I.. -I../libbalsa
> -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include  -g -O2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include
> -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include
> -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include
> -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/usr/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/usr/include/gnome-xml
> -DUNICODE_USE_SYSTEM_ICONV -I/usr/include/gconf/1 -DGTKHTML_HAVE_GCONF   -c
> main.c
> main.c:30:26: gconf/gconf.h: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/balsa-1.2.0/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/balsa-1.2.0'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
>
> I could try making pcre from source, but others have emailed me saying I
> don't need pcre.

i think you should first get some clue what you are doing before continuing
to write things to the balsa mailinglist that wont depend on balsa at all
all your stuff you mentioned is because of lack of knowledge. your system
is half installed (missing a lot of core components for development and it
also looks to me that your gnome installation (i guess its 1.4) is half
installed) now if we tell you to install gconf (necessary for other packs)
then i bet you come over with another problem and at the end we have installed
a whole gnome system for you and thats not the point.

sorry if i sound harsh but i think you better run with balsa ready made
rpm packages and you should be fine. development parts are really for
people that know what they are doing besides mentioned that development
stuff is not necessarily meant for people that want to use a stable system
this shouldnt sound that balsa is unstable but its a fact.

if you want to compile gnome out of scratch with all sources then i recommend
you go to ftp.gnome.org

/pub/GNOME/stable/sources and /pub/GNOME/unstable/sources

and get all stuff there. then use my bash script that compiles gnome from
scratch within some hrs. maybe you will be successfully then. the script
is simple and maybe need some adjustment..

and yes, you dont need prce since i dont use that one myself.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de

dognome