Re: Balsa 1.2.0

On 01-10-01 12:39 Richard Kimber wrote:

[snip snip]

> Hmmnn.  I did think of that, but the Mandrake 8.0 software manager does
> not
> list a development package as either installed or *installable*, and
> there is
> no such package on the CDs, so I assumed there was no such thing.  Could
> it
> be part of some other Mandrake devel package?

Mandrake 8.0 has adopted a somewhat different package naming policy. The
packages you are looking for are, probably:

nuno:/mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS$ ls libgnomeprint*
libgnomeprint15-0.28-1mdk.i586.rpm
libgnomeprint15-devel-0.28-1mdk.i586.rpm

They are both on the first cd, called "Core System CD"

[more snip]

> Incidentally, presumably this means either that no Mandrake 8 users are
> using
> Balsa, or that they have found a (presumably) straightforward solution,
> in
> which case I'd be very grateful if one of them could share it with me.

I'm using mdk 8.0 and I've been using Balsa for a _long_ time :) YMMV,
though.

> - Richard.
> --
> Richard Kimber
> Political Science Resources:       http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/
> UK Election 2001:                              .... area/uk/ge01.htm

Regards,

  //nuno

--
all your .sig are belong to us