Re: Canīt configure balsa (problems with libs)

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 11:56:34AM +0100, Axel H . Siebenwirth wrote:
> Hi you balsa-users,
>
> I now have a new SuSE 7.3 installation. Balsa 1.2.3 wonīt configure because
> it doesnīt find libesmtp and libiconv. Even though they are in
> /usr/local/lib. Libestmp 0.8.7 and libiconv 1.7. I tried
> --with-iconv=/usr/local/lib or --with-iconv=/usr/local but that doesnīt
> work either.
> I would very much appreciate any help.

It's actually the header files its looking for, at that point, not the
libraries themselves probably. Are they in the obvious place:
/usr/include or /usr/local/include?

Did you install esmtp and iconv yourself, or did SuSE install them for
you? (I'm guess you installed esmtp 0.8.7 because that's a very new
version.  On the other hand, I would have expected suse to come with
iconv).

There are typically clues in the last few lines of config.log showing
exactly what's going wrong. In particular, it shuold tell you exactly which header file or library it can't find.

Jules